Calling for Video Translation Volunteers
2021-05-05 12:01 +0900
- Youngbin Han
As we begin calling for speakers, We’re now also calling for translation volunteers from today. Translation volunteers will colloborate local community to translate pre-recorded sessions from following languages to English.
- Korean - You will collaborate with Ubuntu Korea Community
- Japanese - You will collaborate with Ubuntu Japanese Community
- Chinese(China) - You will collaborate with Ubuntu China Community
- Chinese(Taiwan) - You will collaborate with Ubuntu Taiwan Community
- Cantonese(Hong Kong) - You will collaborate with Ubuntu Hong Kong Community
- Indonesian - You will collaborate GNOME Indonesia and Openstack Indonesia
We will use speech-to-text and machine translation tool to automate subtitle works. But there will be still many things to fix. therefore, help from volunteers are still required.
Become our volunteer and help us to engage even more diverse speakers for our event. Schedule for gathering translation volunteers is same as Calling for speakers schedules.
- Submit application: May 5th ~ June 30th
- Application result notification: July 30th
To become our volunteer, please head over to application form.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out.